Friday, November 5, 2010

Behind Schedule

So I am still feeling sick and dizzy and all that awful stuff. I know that I am not getting enough sleep and that is making it worse, but I have been working on my novel every chance I get. I usually only work on it when Gabriel is asleep because then I'm not distracted. That makes it hard to write 2,000 words a day when I can only write a little bit in the morning and then however long I want to stay awake after he has gone to sleep. I got up early yesterday morning and typed for a good long while, but then I ended up staying up until after two in the morning so when I tried to wake up early this morning, it didn't work.

I'm a little behind schedule in the amount I write everyday, but I am trying to get ahead so I can relax a little bit. It isn't as easy as you might think. I have over 5,000 words but I am supposed to have 8,000 by the end of the day to be completely caught up. That isn't going to happen...unless I really get on a roll and Gabriel gets in bed early (which is definitely a possibility). My goal for the day is only 1,000ish more words but I am going to write more than that to get as close to caught up as I can before I am too tired to write anymore tonight.

I love NaNoWriMo! It is a little frustrating because I am behind, but it is so much fun to have to get everything out on paper. When I set goals for myself, it doesn't really work because I let them slip by. But this isn't just my goal. This is for the whole world. And it is nice to be a part of something like this.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can get caught up tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad you're enjoying it =) I thought you might! And yes, some people live for reaching that 50K goal, but I think it's better if you just use it to try and write as much as you can! I mean, when was the last time you wrote that much in a week, right? Keep going hun! I'm here cheering for you! *waves pom poms*

    xo

    ReplyDelete