Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yucky!

Well, this weekend has been interesting. I started feeling yucky on Sunday morning but it wasn't too bad so I really didn't think anything of it. As the day went on, I started feeling worse and worse. I sing with a praise band at my church and we have something called Fifth Sunday Sing where we have a bunch of groups get together and sing and just fellowship and worship. Sunday was the first time our band has gotten a chance to sing. We were singing two songs. This would have been all fine and dandy except for the fact that I had to run to the bathroom three times after practice and before everything started because I thought I was going to get sick.

I warned everyone in the band that I might not be able to sing because I might be in the bathroom throwing up...or if I just walked off the stage in the middle of a song, they would know why. I made it through both of our songs and felt all right but it started going downhill again fast. The closer we got to home, the worse I felt. I climbed right into bed and fell asleep. When I woke up a little while later, Josh was asleep and Gabriel was laying between us watching Spongebob. I got a little mad...I felt like crap and Josh couldn't even get Gabriel into bed just this once? So I got out of bed and put Gabriel to bed and then came back into the bedroom. I was so thirsty that I grabbed the closest thing to drink (a Diet Mountain Dew) and took a big swig...bad idea. I had to run straight into the bathroom and got sick.

I felt instantly better, like I always do after my body gets rid of whatever is messing it up in the first place, but it didn't last long. I woke up every hour Sunday night and I left the TV on all night just in case I needed to get to the bathroom in a hurry. All day yesterday I felt like crap too. Every time I got something for Gabriel to eat, the smell of it would make me feel sick to my stomach. I tried eating one of these little cracker sticks he had and I took one bite and thought I would be sick. So I just didn't eat anything all day and I didn't do anything if I didn't have to.

I was supposed to start NaNoWriMo yesterday, but I didn't feel like doing anything. Today, I have felt a little better but I have been so dizzy. I tried getting up and cleaning a little bit but I almost fell over because the room was spinning. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much cleaning done at all.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Those of us who are writing novels and need a little push to get it all written out have the perfect opportunity during the month of November. The goal is to write 50,000 words on your novel from November 1st to the 30th. You don't worry about editing, you just get it all written out and go back to edit. So much for getting an early start on that. I still haven't started yet. For those of you who might be interested, check out their website.

I am hoping and praying that feeling like this goes away and it doesn't lead into anything else...

5 comments:

  1. Thats no fun..I just got over being sick, minus the throwing up part. Sure that isn't coming from something else? :P
    I liked your top 5 posts btw..I think my #1 is probably Gerard Butler..hes a great actor and I love his accent.:) Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerard Butler is one of my favorites too!! :) Glad I'm not alone on that one. I love him in Timeline! The long hair, the accent, and the medieval clothes...triple yummy!!

    The last line of this entry is hoping that it is just being sick and not 'something else'...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Jamie you crack me up! Every time you say "yummy" I chuckle! :) I really hope you feel better soon and CONGRATS on getting so much written on your novel! I wish I could write like you do. You're very talented honey! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am here to entertain! :) Thank you! I just reread it and even though it is still really rough, I LOVE IT!!! And thank you again! :) Love you, bestie!!

    ReplyDelete