Monday, May 17, 2010

Sleep

It is 2 a.m. and I am still awake.

I don't know what my problem is here lately. I used to sleep with no problems and now it seems like I can't fall asleep any earlier than 1 or 2 in the morning...and no, my sleeping problems have nothing to do with my two year old because he has been sleeping through the night since he was three weeks old.

I can't shut my mind off long enough to go to sleep. I stress and ponder and that might be what keeps me awake. If stress is keeping me awake then I am just screwed because I won't be anywhere near stress free for many many years I'm sure. I even have all natural sleep aids but they don't help. And it definitely isn't because I'm not tired...I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!! I feel like if I could just fall asleep and stay asleep I could quite literally sleep for days I am so tired.

Ugh!! Come on, Mr. Sandman. Give me a dream!!! I know that isn't what the song is really about (haha) but I could really use some sleep.

Josh will have Gabriel Saturday night and I will be toddler-less. Maybe I can sleep then. It has been difficult to share a room with a two year old when I am used to him having his own room. Maybe I can take some of those sleep aids and go to bed early since I won't have to worry about Gabriel's bathtime or staying awake until he falls asleep. sigh Here is to wishful thinking!!

I am going to turn the computer off now and attempt to go to sleep. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment