Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sick

For those of you who follow my facebook, you all know that I am sick. I don't get sick very often, but when I do, it makes up for all the time that I wasn't sick (or so it seems). And with everything else that has been going on, this is the last thing that I want right now. I probably got sick because I am so stressed...I tend to do that to myself. My stress basically rules my life and I hate that...

So Josh went yesterday to his old job at the bus company to see if they would hire him back. They all said yes right away but he had to go today to get refingerprinted, take a drug test, and do a few other things before he can start driving again. They told him it could be three weeks before all of it comes back...so there goes a quick fix for that.

Some of my stress will hopefully be leaving here soon because Josh just went back to Social Services. The lady that we were working with the last time we were there called him back and said that we were approved for a part of TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) where we take our bills in to her and they pay up to a certain amount. And if we don't use the whole amount, they write the rest of it into a check for us...getting our bills paid and caught up will definitely take away some stress...but if he doesn't get a job soon, we are just going to be right back in the same boat.

We should be getting food stamps and unemployment within the next week or so, and that will help out too, but it would be so much easier if he could get a job...and one that pays halfway decent. (And yes, I know, there are a lot of people in the same boat, but we aren't talking about them haha) He has an interview with the railroad tomorrow and I am basically praying for a miracle....that they love him and hire him on the spot...that would be amazing, but I know that won't happen. He applied for Dish Network too. He would be driving around and installing the dish and he would be making good money. And, the good news with that is, that if he does get the Carilion job, he can still work the Dish Network job because the schedules are opposite times of the week. That would be awesome!

So, thank you all for your prayers so far and please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment