Monday, August 23, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

I ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner with a few friends and then we went downtown to Corned Beef & Co. to dance. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday, we woke up and went to church and then out to lunch at Texas Steakhouse with my family. We went back to mom and dad's and just hung out for a while with my family.
When Gabriel fell asleep at mom's, Josh and I went to Barnes & Noble and then to Taco Bell for dinner. To some people, that might not sound like a very fun date, but it was exactly what I wanted to do. Well, everything was going great until we started talking about some things. I was going to go into detail about everything but I think I will just vent a little bit and go from there.
It is no secret that I am a horrible wife. I have basically come to terms with this but the fact that my parents keep making comments about how horrible I am for not cooking every night for my husband and not keeping my house completely and totally spotless doesn't help me. I know the house is supposed to stay clean and I know my husband is supposed to come home to a wonderful five course dinner, but that just isn't going to happen. I hate cooking. If I never had to cook anything ever again for as long as I live, I would be the happiest person alive.
I just hate having to hear from my parents how much I am lacking in my wifely duties. Or getting 'subtle' hints about how a wife shouldn't go out without her husband. Sure, I would have loved for Josh to come out with me on Saturday night, but he didn't want to. I suppose in my mom's mind I should have just stayed home. And maybe I should have, but staying at home all the time is what I do every day and it is driving me crazy. I am still trying to save up to take those classes so I can start working, but that isn't really working out.
This post isn't really what I thought I was going to write about but I just wrote and this is what came out. I guess I will try to make sense of it later.

1 comment:

  1. aww. well if it takes a home cooked meal and a spotless house to be the perfect wife, i fall short right along with ya!

    ReplyDelete