Friday, June 11, 2010

Excited!

So I stayed up til almost 3 a.m. this morning thinking about what I had written in my last blog. I took multiple career aptitude tests that all told me the exact same thing and nothing that helped me at all. But then I started to just think about what I would love to do all day every day.

I kept thinking about that saying, "If you love what you do, you won't work a day in your life."

But what do I love? The ocean, swimming, being in the water, sharks, marine animals, exploring, etc.

All right. Now I know what I love so what kind of job could I do that includes that? I was talking to my bestie Ally about how fun it would be to work in an aquarium and dive with the sharks and teach the little classes they have on sharks to help people understand them a little better. It hit me. That would be my perfect job right there.

Of course, I was so excited! I could actually do that. I'm not S.C.U.B.A. certified but I could easily be and I always wanted to be so that works out perfect too.

Well, when I got into the bedroom, Josh was awake so we started talking. I asked him if I found a job that I love but it required us to move, would he be willing. He said no. Yeah, that kinda stunk. And I know it would be a big huge thing to move our whole family somewhere near an aquarium so I could get a job.....but I was so excited about finally finding something that I really want to do that I tried not to let it bother me. Maybe I could get S.C.U.B.A. certified and then train to be an instructor. I could help other people get certified. I would be in the water all day and it would still be fun. And eventually, maybe, if a job did present itself and we were in a place where we could move closer to an aquarium, I could still have my perfect job.

I am going to talk to my dad about it later today when I go to his house. He knows a lot of S.C.U.B.A. divers and instructors and he would probably have a better idea about everything. Even if I don't become an instructor, I am definitely going to get certified because I have let my love of swimming and the ocean go for too long.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Jamie!! :D I love when we can brainstorm and come up with things that make us happy! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yay for me! and yay for you helping me!! i love you too!

    ReplyDelete