Monday, July 26, 2010

Me

I'm a bookworm. I would rather read than just about anything else. I love to write poems and stories. I can be funny and witty. I'm fairly intelligent but I can be ditzy. I have book smarts but no street smarts. I'm lazy. I can't cook. I'm cleaning intolerant. I'm self conscious and I'm definitely my own worst critic.
I love Disney movies and I have a slight crush on Simba from The Lion King (yes, I know he is a lion), Aladdin from..well...Aladdin, Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid, and Aladar from Dinosaurs (once again, yes, I know he is a dinosaur). The Backstreet Boys are my favorite band and regardless of what everyone else thinks, they have some brilliant lyrics to their songs.
I have six tattoos and I am getting more. If I end up regretting them like everyone tells me I will, then that is something I will have to deal with later. I love to sing and do so often. I can't dance at all but, when surrounded by the right people, I can be persuaded to dance in public without even a need for alcohol.
I have never tried any kind of drug and never smoked a cigarette. Yes, I have, on occasion, had alcohol, but I am just not that kind of person. And ever since my hubby quit drinking (he was an alcoholic), I will never drink another drop of alcohol as long as I live.
I'm pretty laid back. I feel like I am a good friend because I am loyal and trustworthy. I am a tell you like it is kinda girl. If you don't want to know the truth, don't ask me.
I can be jealous, I overreact, I have to get my point across to someone, and I try to have the last word, but I am woman enough to admit when I am wrong. I care and trust, sometimes too much, but I would rather care too much than not enough.
I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie and I would love to do a lot of things that people think are crazy...like skydiving, bungee jumping, and swimming with sharks. (I have yet to do these things because I lack the funds, not because I lack the nerve.) I will do all three of those things before I die and many more wild and crazy things.
Sharks are my favorite animals but I also love giraffes, elephants, and lions. Lions are such gorgeous creatures, I think. I am a Leo and I feel like my hair looks like a lion's mane sometimes, so maybe I am just drawn to them. (haha)
I love music, all music! I listen to christian and country music mostly but I will listen to anything. I love watching movies, TV shows on DVD, and Friends reruns.
I cry ALL THE TIME! I am a very emotional person. I cry when I'm happy, sad, upset, mad, frustrated, tired, overwhelmed, in pain, feeling sorry for myself, and just to relieve stress. Nothing helps me feel better than a good cry. And I am a great crier too. I don't get red and blotchy, sometimes you can hardly tell I have been crying at all. My hubby once told me I was the most beautiful crier he had ever seen. (And yes, it was meant as a compliment and I took it as such) I'm pretty sure God knew I would be crying all the time, so he decided to make it a little less embarrassing for me by taking away the problems that go along with it.
I know I'm not perfect, some people might not even like me because of one of these quirks, but I am who I am. I couldn't change who I am even if I wanted to, and I don't feel the need to change. If you don't like me for who I am, then I am pretty sure you aren't worth the effort. This blog is just for fun to get everything out in the open. It is nice to embrace who you are and come to terms with the things you don't like about yourself. Love yourself and be the best you that you can be.
For all of you that are real and genuine and don't try to be something you aren't, I love you and acknowledge you for your strength and courage.

2 comments:

  1. I love every single thing about you! :D Probably not as much as your husband, but I bet it's pretty darn close!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am sure you love some things about me more than Josh does haha but thank you! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete