Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Relax? Yeah right!

I very rarely get time alone just to think. My two year old doesn't take naps during the day anymore...I'm not sure why...he just doesn't. I could make him, which is what I used to do, but I usually don't. Sometimes he falls asleep on my bed watching a movie and stays asleep for a little while, but it just isn't the same as a nice long nap in his bed in his own room.

When Josh gets home, he is usually so exhausted from work that he eats and goes right to bed. So I can't even pawn Gabriel off on him for ten minutes to myself. The only me time I get it when Gabriel goes to sleep at night. And then it is too late to even do anything other than read or work on my story or watch a movie.

So last night, we went to the grocery store when Josh got home, because he actually got home on time instead of late. When we got back home, I asked Josh if he could watch Gabriel so I could take a shower. Now, if you are in my position and are a stay at home mom, a shower is your best friend when someone is watching your child/children. You don't just rush through a shower like you usually have to. You take your time. You relax. You let your mind be free. And you enjoy the silence.

While I was in the shower last night, I heard an enormous commotion that could only be made by my 200 pound 2 year old dog followed shortly by a cry that could only be made by my 35 pound 2 year old son...Automatically, you think the worst...and normally I would have jumped out of the shower and ran to see what had happened. But, all of the doors were unlocked leading back into the bathroom where I was so I waited a few seconds to see if any more noise followed or if Josh would come rushing into the bathroom with a screaming bleeding child!

Nothing happened.

I waited a little bit longer...still nothing. And then I heard a small laugh. Obviously daddy had made whatever happened all better. But, my relaxing shower was ruined. The sanctuary of our showers and our relaxation is at stake, ladies! What are we to do?

I think have a nervous breakdown is close to the top of the list.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. You need a babysitter...just for one day, so you can have time to yourself. You need a little "you" time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a spa day. An all day in the spa just me and some relaxation...I would be in Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete