Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wasn't I A Cutie??


As many of my posts will tell you, I love my brother. He is my best friend and he is my hero! This picture was taken on Tuesday at his birthday party. His actual birthday is tomorrow (and he will be turning 24), but he will be on his way to Las Vegas tomorrow, so we had his party earlier in the week. This picture is my new favorite picture of the two of us. We have so many pictures together in the past 22 years of my life, but this one tops them all.


This picture is from 1989. I was 6 months old in this one, I believe. It is fun to see how much we have changed in the last 20 or so years haha. Even in the last few years we have changed so drastically.



It is going to be so hard when he goes overseas. He leaves in February or March to start his training. He will be back home in May for Gabriel's birthday (we hope), and then he leaves in May for Afghanistan for 9 months. :( I am trying not to think about it until it gets closer. He will be here for Christmas this year, but not next year. He will miss my birthday next year and his own birthday...

He is excited about going, but we aren't. I am going to be a wreck. We will be able to talk to him, but I don't know how I am going to make it through...

3 comments:

  1. During the entire deployment you feel like you are on pause and you can't breath for the fear of disaster... but then when it's over you look back and go "oh, well it wasn't that bad." lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very right...soooo cute! :) I love the new picture of you guys...you're hot stuff! <3 love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope it flies by so I will get the chance to say, "oh, well it wasn't that bad!" haha

    Thank you, Ally, and double thanks!! haha I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete