Friday, March 4, 2011

Help Me!

As most of you know, I have been reading to Gabriel every night from the Chronicles of Narnia series and we have both been enjoying it. Well, I finished the series last night and I don't know what to read to him next.

I have most of the Percy Jackson series but I don't have the last book so I don't know if I should start that series until I get the last book. I also have Inkheart but I don't have the other two books in the series. Those books are thicker than the Narnia books so I would have enough time to get them before I needed them but I kinda wanted to start a series that I had all of the books in...

The only problem with that is that the only series I have all of the books for is the Lord of the Rings series but I have never read them. I'm not really worried about the content of the books but I don't want to be falling asleep while I am reading them to him...but I do want him to fall asleep haha. Has anyone read them? Are they as entertaining and fast paced as the movies? Are the movies even anything like the books?

I don't suppose I have to read a series to him, I could just read classics that I have like The Three Musketeers, Little Women, Gulliver's Travels...just curious if anyone has any suggestions of books I should get and read to him.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the movies, but I tried to start the books at one point, and got to maybe page 5..if a book doesn't catch my attention in the first 5 pages, I don't finish it. I remember there being some fighting(in the movies), but I don't think there is any inappropriate material in the books. I really enjoyed reading the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series as a child, so maybe you can try them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jamie! You'll love The Lord of the Rings, although it might be a little bit complicated and scary for Gabriel at his age. You might want to try reading The Hobbitt first; it's a prequel to Lord of the Rings, and it's a little bit faster-paced (at least from what I remember; it's been a long time since I read it last) and I think it's geared a little bit more toward kids than the Lord of the Rings.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete